Thursday, December 03, 2009

WSOP Academy Test Results.

In an effort to cheer myself up after my last few sessions and my overall trend this year, I decided to revisit my Academy test results from the Canadian Poker Expo last month. Here is my overall results both in the categories and weaknesses identified.

Overall score: 132 (better than 93% of people who took test..average score is 70 to 130)
Preflop: 158
Flop: 113
Turn: 121
River: 87
Bet Size: 114
Level of Aggression: Slightly less than average
Ability to Adjust to opponents: 125
Pot Odds: 143
Respecting Previous Action: 130
Strategic Move Timing: 160
Position: 160
Bluffing: 112

Specific skill areas that require more training:
1. Passive play (not betting often enough)
2. Many of your bets were too small
3. Playing too aggressively at the wrong time

So what do I think based on this?

I think that the areas I need help with are correct. I know I'm not betting enough and that my bets are too small based on their stack sizes...should probably bet more to get them commited if they want to chase their draws and such.

In looking at the numbers in general, it seems I could use some work on my post-flop play. I think the best way to do this is not to multi-table on my cash games....or just play 2 tables max.

Time to review my post-flop play....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home