Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Negative results for this year.....sort of.

Well I just reviewed my results for the year....and I'm about 1% in the red.

Really pisses me off too. Lately, I've been getting my money in with the best hand and lose....or get a cooler (e.g. turn two pair with Q5 in the blinds and a guy on button limped with Q6 and flopped two pair). Bloody hell......

I say negative results "sort of" because I've actually put a fair amount into my bankroll via bonuses, rakeback (thank god I got that on Full Tilt), and promotions (that doubled my bankroll on Full tilt).

Seems that lately that anything I do results in losing the pot. Limp and I'm outflopped....bet big, guy calls with garbage hand and sucks out...list is endless. May be time to really tighten up my hands and see if that helps even if it means I don't play much.

Poker isn't much fun when you are losing in terms of your play. I always try to tell myself that good things are around the corner...but I'm not sure there is. Here I am playing microstakes and I can't even beat that game consistently. Fuck fuck fuck.....I don't want to have to go back to limit poker but I might have to if I can't start beating micro NL. Very fucking depressing. I even use pokertableratings.com to find good tables and I STILL can't win. I have to be doing something fundamentally wrong (too small preflop raises?...not betting big enough postflop.....quite frankly I'm stuck at what to try next).

My only saving grace is my bankroll management skills. That keeps me in action and prevents spewing it all over the place. I dropped down in limits on FTP (yep back in the .01/.02 games).....haven't been winning consistently.

I think I'll have to tighten up preflop and drop things like suited connectors and such and just stick with pocket pairs and AK to AJ and maybe KQ depending on position....and play nothing else. Raise decently preflop and bet big postflop. Might be the only way to go until things turn around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home