Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Interesting session last night.

I had some time to play last night.

I tried my luck again at Full Tilt's daily dollar and busted out in the bottom 3rd. Really didn't get anything going. I eventually picked up QQ and re-raised a raiser who had me covered. He eventually called. The flop brought 9-9-x. He checked. Since the pot was also my remaining stack size, I shoved. He called with......A9s. Figures. Probably should have shoved with QQ preflop but the stacks were relatively large to the blind sizes so that wouldn't have been ideal. Ah well.

During that, I was playing a table on Pokerstars in a 6-max cash game. PokerTableRatings.com had this as a juicy table and it was.....for everyone else. Seems to be the trend on Pokerstars for me recently. I really haven't gained any traction yet. My $2 eventually got drilled down to 45 cents or so. I can't say that I played really bad. Some loose calls in spots but there was a lot of limping so I was able to see cheap flops that I didn't connect with.

However, I was patient. The table eventually for a while became a heads-up event. I generally suck at heads-up play. However, I felt that I had a handle on this opponent and eventually started clawing back my money. A couple of new players joined the game and, when it was all said and done, I got my buyin back plus a couple of big blinds (lol). Actually, despite the lack of profit, I was pleased that I could claw back most of my buy-in. Hopefully, I can gain some more positive results on Stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home