Thursday, October 29, 2009

Still chugging away...

Well I did some experiments in multi-tabling and the results were mixed.

At this point, I don't think 4-tabling is doing me any good. Basically, whatever I was gaining on one table I was losing on another. So it kind of defeats the purpose.

The max number of tables now that I play is 2 (unless I'm playing a tournament...I have a specific strategy for the tournies I play so my decisions are more automatic).

I've played in 3 Daily Dollar tournaments on Full Tilt and have cashed in 2 of them. Not too shabby considering the relatively large fields in those events. I save them for a weekend treat when I don't have to worry about being up late (which happens when you cash in them things).

My play on Full Tilt is going okay right now. I've been playing in the 6-max games. Thanks to pokertableratings.com, I've been finding some softer games and having some positive results.

As for Pokerstars, I've been finding soft games but not having much luck. Getting sucked out on fairly often when the money goes in. The last one was AK vs AQ and a Queen hit the flop. Nothing you can do about it...I'm hoping things turn around soon.

I'm still debating moving money from PokerTime to another site. At this point, I'm leaning towards Party Poker as they seem to have a lot of traffic. They are also publicly traded, so that gives me better confidence. They are starting up some sort of Gladiator promotion which looks interesting. However, in looking at the terms/conditions for the promotion, I would probably have to play outside my normal bankroll guidelines to make it worth my while. I'm thinking that I may want to bring the amount up to $100 or so before I make the move...but we'll see.

The November 9 is fast approaching. Based on chip counts, Darvin Moon should win. However, given the caliber of talent at that final table, I don't think he will take it down. I'm guessing he'll get a top 3 finish....which would be great for him I'm sure.

I suspect the poker community wants Phil Ivey to take it. He is the best player in the world when he is focused....and I know he wants this one.

Anyway, good luck to everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home