Sunday, August 02, 2009

Variance kicks me in the guts....

.....and kicked me in the head to finish me off.

Geesh....okay here is the deal. I've been multi-tabling Omaha 8 or better cash games over the last few days. I decided, since I was winning at my current stake, that I would take a shot at the next higher game.

Needless to say, I got f**ked.

There were some hands where I could have played better. However, there were a lot of missed hands on the flop and, for about an hour, I was lucky I played five hands....didn't have a decent starting hand at all.

Now I got to start grinding again. I got about 500 BB at the game I was playing before.....I'll have to start grinding up again. If the trend continues, I may have to start squirreling away decent wins as they come (which sucks)....or cut down on the number of tables I play and see if that helps.

So much for multi-tabling being able to control variance. I went south every which way. No hands......any decent starting hands never hit the flop....and any hands that did hit the flop got counterfeited or a nut hand someone was chasing got hit.

The poker gods owe me big time. I'm getting frustrated that I can't seem to move up in limits.....work hard to build up and one session wipes it all out. This is starting to piss me off majorly. I try hard...keep to my strategy of playing decent hands (which at these micro-limits is a satisfactory approach) and can never seem to make any traction overall to play at a decent limit.

I'll probably take a break for the next few days.....that last session hurt. Nothing worse than seeing anything you try get thrown back in your face.

Hopefully, the next entry will have me proclaiming to be a poker god.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home