Monday, April 16, 2007

Hello, hello....

No I haven't disappeared....I just haven't written in this thing for awhile.

So how are things going for me? I'm up...so that is good. I played my last Team Canada promotion event for Pokerstars. It is a turbo tournament so people are playing crazy hands. I decided to stay patient and wait for something decent. I finally got a pair of Jacks. I had about 820 left and the blinds were at 75-150. There was a raise but I decided to go all in anyway. The guy on my left called and the original raiser called.

In short, I busted out. I did get my set on the turn but the guy on my left (who called two raises with pocket 7's) got an eight to hit his inside straight draw....the original raiser had Ace-rag. Oh well, my money went in with the best hand so that is all I can hope to do.

My SNG challenge. Overall, things are going well but I have to step down a level. On that site, I made it through the 0.90 + 0.10 level with three cashes and bumped up to the next level of $2.50 + 0.25. I cashed in two straight, and then missed the money in the next three (6th, 5th, and 4th). A bad run of cards plus some missed plays. No big deal. Just go back down and start again. On the other site, I'm now on the third level but I have to be careful here as my bankroll there is considerably smaller...so I'll take a wait and see approach. However, I'm up 10% on each of the sites so things are good.

I haven't really been trying for a WSOP seat. I may give it a go...or I may plan to try harder next year. I'm feeling that my reading skills are starting to improve as I can now better narrow hands down based on betting patterns and such so I'm pleased with that.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home