Monday, April 02, 2007

End of Month report for March 2007

And I'm up for the month.

I made about 6% overall. Not a big amount but better than a loss.

The big winner was my SNG play. I told you about the challenge I had for myself. Here are the results of my last 4...I started the challenge strong with 2 cashes in my first two attempts (two 1st's actually) and then hit a 4th on my 3rd one. Bummer...back to try again. I then got another first to start my streak anew...makes things more fun I think.

I tried my luck at a $5 dollar tournament. This is my biggest buy-in but it was within my bankroll plus I was getting a good overlay as it was a guaranteed tourney and it looked like it was paying over 10% of the field. I made it through half of the field before being eliminated. I was just card dead. If I got some cards, I could have cashed in it easily....but that is all you can do.

I tried my first attempt at the Pokerstars WSOP Canada freeroll. I made a mistake here that I think I'll share. I wasn't getting a lot of cards and, with these freeroll tournaments, it is a good strategy to play snug and let the morons eliminate themselves. I doubled-up on one of my first few hands when I flopped a set and just played tight until this hand.

I had about 12 big blinds left and the blinds were at 100-200. I was in MP and it was folded to me. I looked at pocket nines. I raised 4X to 800. The button (who had me slightly outstacked) and the SB (a short stack) both called the raises. The flop came Q-8-3 rainbow. It was checked to me and, given my chip stack went all-in. The button called with Q-4?!? and the small stack called with Q-8.

In retrospect, I should have shoved pre-flop. It may have gotten the Q-4 out and I would have just lost some chips to the small stack if he stuck around. Like I said, wild players...

However, otherwise things are going well. I'm looking forward to a good April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home