Wednesday, February 07, 2007

More success with another approach.

Hello Poker Fans.

I've been hearing of a site called PocketFives.com that seems to be a site used by a lot of the top online players. You always hear stories about people making a lot of money online and I was always wondering how they went about doing it with, if it can be believed, with such consistency.

In addition, I have always felt (at least recently anyway) that something was missing from my game. I've been a break-even player more or less over the last while...so I wanted to try some new ideas.

In addition to listening to PocketFive podcasts plus reading their strategy articles and such, I believe that my main problem is my playing style is not aggressive enough and that I was making some fundamental flaws in my play (such as not protecting made hands against draws and such). I also read a very interesting article with regards to bankroll management and the level of game you should be playing. Using this "floor/ceiling" analogy, I have made the conclusion that I'm playing at too high of a level and that I should step back one.

This has had some decent results. In addition, the more aggressive stance that I have been taking has been paying dividends in my SNG play. I played in 4 and got a 1st, a 2nd and one bad beat in another (the fourth one was me going in with a decent hand...but got called by a better one).

I think I have found something here....more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home