Thursday, January 05, 2006

What goes up must come down....hard.......

Hey all.

Well they say there are swings in this game and boy did I hit a negative one....bankroll down to $28.00. Wow....

I played Omaha 8 and got destroyed. Started with $25 and left with $9.50. I had no luck at all. I decided to play aggressive with good hands and got burned on turn and river cards. However, most times I had no hand at all to play with. I keep ignoring my inner voice which is starting to hurt. I also played in a Sit N Go that didn't end well...although I felt I played well with the cards I had....made one critical mistake not listening to my inner voice but, given the board, I can live with that one.

Now what? My bankroll (okay not really a bankroll...but work with me here) is on life support. I'll have to just play Hold Em 0.15/0.30 since that is the smallest game and one my bankroll can support. However, I think it is time to go back to basics with my whole game. I suspect it may be play money for a while and get some serious practice in. My confidence has been shaken....I have to admit that. I don't want to lose all the money since I want to try for any WSOP satellites that may be offered later this year.

I've been listening to Phil Gordon's Green Book (audio version) and it seems to be good so far. My plan with it is to listen and take notes. This should help me absorb the information more readily.

Time to build my confidence back up....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home