Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Sheesh....Lessons Learned.

Well...over the course of an afternoon I lost thirteen bucks leaving me with $43 and change.

I should explain. I really had a bad day at the 0.15/0.30 tables. It was your typical low-limit donkey poker hell. I think I played fine with folding of weak hands and aggression with good ones. It just seemed that the river was a knife stabbing me in the heart. I have two pair, the river gives someone their set....I have the nut flush...the river gives the other person their full house....you get the idea...it just sucked!!!!!!

In my steaming frame of mind, I decided to play a sit-n-go and that went bust. I'm learning some important lessons.

1. This happens. You can be playing your best and being aggressive with the best hand and still lose on a lucky river card...it happens so get used to it. You will hit those hands most of the time so don't change your style.

2. I'm going to have to see if I need to change some small things. I used to limp in on the small blind with any two cards assuming there are no raises in front. I'll probably stop that for the time being unless they are premium cards.

3. Time to hit the books again. I have started re-reviewing Sklansky's Small Stakes Hold Em for anything I'm potentially missing or misplaying.

4. Don't play on tilt...it was a bad day...get over it. You have been winning.

I'll probably not be playing over the holidays next week but we will see.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home