Monday, March 16, 2009

So close....

I went onto Full Tilt Friday and saw that they were having a contest for a trip to Montreal to see the UFC event next month.

Basically, you have to play in a qualifier tournament and the top 18 of these weekly qualifiers play in a final tournament where the top 2 get the seats for the trip.

I decided to take a shot in a qualifier and there were 800 entrants. When the dust settled, I was in the top 18! I think I was about 4th or 5th in chips at the time.

The final tournament yesterday had 212 entrants with the top 2 getting the seats. I managed to get through 2 breaks but finished 43rd. I was doing well but my two pair ran into a set which short-stacked me. I ultimately pushed with 7-5 and ran into A-10 and A-Q. Got a 5 on the flop but a queen on the turn sealed the deal.

I might try again later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home