Monday, February 27, 2006

Up and down....loss for the month.

Hey all (or anyone):

Well, on my stage 2 WSOP qualification, I finished 3rd...that sucked. One guy kept hitting hands on the river to stay in....pissed me off royally.

A bit of a strange week. My sit-n-gos that I played the week were a common theme...fifth. I seemed to be able to get to the midpoint but that was it. Very weird...a little too weird.

I did some research and I found on a discussion board a strategy for playing these events. I tried it out....and got a 2nd place!!! Cool! It did show some leaks that I had with certain cards that were causing me to lose chips. I'll be keeping this handy.

I finally played my 500k qualifier on Tigergaming.com. There was 150 people where first place got a seat into the 500k event! I decided to use my sit-n-go strategy for the most part...and I placed 50th. Not too shabby considering that I usually don't play in larger tournaments. I was fine with it as I was making good decisions (with the exception of one hand that crippled my stack). I went out with Ad9d against Ah8h when my opponent hit an eight on the flop.

The big event this weekend is the Negreanu Protege event on FullContact.net. I'm hoping to play that one.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home