Monday, February 20, 2006

Great weekend for poker!

Hello to any readers!

I had a pretty good weekend for poker. I played a 0.50/1.00 game for a brief period of time and made a $5.00 profit for a half-hours work. Loved that. I hate to hit and squirrel, but it may be necessary until I can get things built up.

I get weekly emails from Tigergaming.com when I opened an account over there. It was just a play account but they are having a 500k tournament and I had a free entry to one of the satellites. Anyway, I reinstalled the software and checked my account. In addition, I had 0.20 cents in real money for some reason.

Actually, that change came in handy. Tigergaming has started their WSOP main event satellite tournaments and the first level's buy-in is just 5 cents...so I had four entries.

Here is the deal. A five cent entry fee gets you into a 5 player short-handed game where the winner gets an entry into a stage 2 satellite. There are 6 stages in total (see tigergaming.com for details....please click on the link on the right hand side...it would be appreciated).

I could have bought directly into stage 2 with the 20 cents but I wanted more playing experience so I bought into stage 1 events...my final results?

One 1st
Two 2nd's
One 3rd's

I thought I played well overall using some concepts that I learned in Harrington's book...plus I got a seat into a stage 2 event. I still have my entry ticket into this 500k tournament that I have to cash in yet as well.

So overall, things are looking up. Wish me well in the stage 2 event!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home