Friday, February 10, 2006

Worst....session...ever...

Well....that sucked.

Lost about $16 bucks playing 0.50/1.00 limit hold'em. I'm disgusted.....

I have had time to think about it and really I only lost the money on two pots...both flushes with someone making a bigger one. I started with $25, lost the first big one...and hung around $18.00 or so until my last hand. Needless to say, my bankroll is on life support (around $25 of that free bankroll is left).

So now what?

After sleeping on it, here are some thoughts that I have had.

1. You will have bad sessions. Nothing you can do about it.
2. Trust your instincts. This has been working for me. I have bet when I had the best hand...and folded when I no longer had it and was drawing slim.
3. I did win several pots in the session..just the big ones did me in.
4. Now I'm forced to play extremely tight...no room for error. I told myself that I wouldn't be putting my own money in and I am planning to stick to that.
5. You will win again. There isn't much you can do when (a) you don't get decent hole cards or (b) the flop is lousy or people make their beating hands on the river.

I now need to decide whether to play hold'em ring games, Omaha 8/b (since apparently you can play it with a smaller bankroll), or stick to SNG's since I seem to have had past success with them. Decisions, decisions.....if you have any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to comment.

Time to lick my wounds and get back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home