Monday, February 13, 2006

Still trying...and losing...

Hello one and all (or just me if no one is reading this):

Well I tried my luck at a $6 SNG and finished fifth. Can someone explain this to me...why do people try to go broke on the first level of these things? I don't understand it. Sure, I get that the blinds will go up after 10 hands but it isn't like you are short stacked after level 1 is over.....

Anyway, if the deck was any colder to me, it should have given me frostbite. I didn't get any cards whatsoever. I limp in with club suited connectors (6c5c) and the flop would come Ah Kd Js...you get the idea. I wasn't in a pot past the flop...except for one.

The best hand I had was a pair of 10's. The flop brought rags. I bet...2 people called. The turn brought another card. I bet....one raised, the other called...I folded and the person did have their straight with the turn card. My reads were pretty good throughout but I could not get any cards going at all. Very frustrating.

I'm going back to the drawing board. I have been reviewing my history on Poker Academy since I play a similar way on that software program. I was losing money with A-rag (A-2, A-3 etc..). I think it is time to bring out the starting hand chart again. I suspect I have strayed from that and am leaking money in the blinds and stuff. I suspect my starting hands are a little less than optimal...time to tighten it up.

I finished off Matt Matros book this morning. A pretty good read I must say. Now I can look more at Harrington's book...plus I think I'll have to dust off Lee Jones Low Limit book again....time to turn things around.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home