Monday, February 01, 2010

It's Rush poker alright....

....because it is rushing through my bankroll.

I'm definately running below expectations after dropping a few buyins. My losses have come down to 6 big pots where stacks where on the line. Of those 6:

I was behind and won - 1 (AQ vs KK...hit Ace on flop)
I was behind and lost - 1 (bad luck here...2 jacks on board, I had one jack...other guy had the case jack with the better kicker)
I was ahead and won - 1
I was ahead and lost - 3

These 3 were not something like coinflips or such. One was pair over pair...hits a two outer. The second was him calling my all in with just BDFD...hit a pair on turn...and a second pair on river. The third one was him calling my all-in on the turn with a gutshot straight draw....and spiking it on the river.

That really sucks. On the surface, it seems that I'm running behind and am just earning my "run good". However, I'm suspecting that I may need to tighten up more in these rush games. I'm still well bankrolled on FTP...but I'm starting to get pissed off with beats like that. Based on those hands, I'm getting the money in good for the most part...but getting sucked out on. Just breathe and accept it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home