Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Some 2010 thoughts.

Well, I finally played some poker over the last few days...mainly that Rush Poker on FTP.

I've played 4 sessions and am down a little bit overall. However, in the large pots I lost, I was the favourite with the money going in...so I can't complain. In fact, in one hand, the guy beat me with runner runner for two pair....and I didn't flinch.

This is one area that I've been improving with...absorbing bad beats and just going on to the next hand. I like the fact that it happened, I shook it off, and continued playing.

So what do I think of Rush poker? Personally, I think that it is fun to play. I can sit down for half an hour and log in over a hundred hands very quickly. This works especially well with rakeback as you can generate quite a bit pretty quick.

I also did a step 1 satellite on UB and...you guessed it...finished 4th. Ah well...usual SNG story. Really didn't have any hands to speak of but whatever.

I've been thinking about my goals for this year and have decided that my main goal is to double my bankroll. Since I view the game as more of a hobby than a lifestyle, I think this is realistic since I don't play all the time. I'm also thinking of reading some of these poker psychological books down the road to work on my mental game a bit.

My ultimate goal as a recreational player would be to win my way to a tournament somewhere...but one step at a time. Just enjoy the game for what it is...a game. By practicing good BR management like I've been doing, I'm not going broke anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home