Thursday, October 02, 2008

And the cheater is....

Looks like Russ Hamilton may be one of the main culprits behind the UB scandal....you can check out the article here for more details.

This is a sad situation but, frankly, I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened sooner. Online poker is, for the most part, self-regulated. Hopefully, this will clean up the game a bit and make it more honest.

As for myself, I've been reading Arnold Snyder's book on fast tournaments. My success has been "mixed". I haven't had any cashes yet but I have had one deep run in about 4 tries missing the money by about 6 spots in that deep run I had. In some other places, I have been the victim of bad beats. A little frustrating but I'm usually okay with it. If I have the best hand when the money goes in, I can't complain. The strategies mentioned in the book seem to make sense. I may have to adjust some hands starting points but it does seem to keep me competitive in these events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home