Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bleh....and yahoo?

So I played another one of those 6 max games and eventually lost my $5 buy in. I originally had it up to $9 but a couple of bad beat hands lost the amount...to the same guy. Got the money all in with a flopped straight and the guy hit runner runner full house. The eventual bust hand was me with a set and the guy hitting his flush on the river. I'm okay with the fact that I had the best of it both times when the money went in....but it still sucks.

I ordered "The Poker Tournament Formula" by Arnold Snyder. I should receive it in the next few days. It tells how to play a tournament based on its structure...something the other tourney books really don't discuss. For a lark, I decided to play a small tourney basing my plays solely on position and not on my cards (unless I got a good hand in EP). So I made raises in the hijack, cutoff, and button seats if there were no raises to me. If someone reraised and I had a junk hand, I'd just fold it.

360 people.....and finished 12th. Granted, it was a 10 cent tournament and cashed for 40 cents. However, it was just an experiment that had a positive result. Don't know how successful it would be long term but it was fun regardless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home