Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Tourney Cash...

Hey all.

Pokerstars has been offering a freeroll tourney series. Each week, you can sign up for a freeroll with the top 50 getting a ticket to the next round and the top 250 getting 5 bucks.

The first one was a limit hold'em event. I did okay in it but made some stupid mistakes. I had to remind myself that it is, in essence, a supersatellite. I missed the next one (7 card stud I believe). But I played in the NL 6 max. I got around 130 out of 1200 or so for a cash prize.

I know....five bucks is not a big deal. However, since my account there is very small, this is a nice little boost. The play in these events is a bit weak. You just need to stay patient and play your hands well and you should be in a position to cash with some luck.

My vacation time is set for next month. I haven't really decided my poker trip yet. I'm leaning towards Brantford right now. Apparently, they now have weekly tournaments on Thursdays so that is a possibility. I'll finalize my plans in more detail over the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home