Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hello Step 3!

Last night, I decided to continue my Full Tilt steps quest and played my Step 2 ticket.

I decided to play another 18 man SNG where top 5 get a Step 3, 6th gets another crack at step 2, and 7th and 8th get a step 1 seat.

This wasn't a turbo per se. The stacks were 1500 with 6 minute blinds (as opposed to 3 minutes with the turbo SNGs). I didn't get my money in bad at any point and just played my usual strategy for fast paced tournaments.

I do remember one hand where I had AJs. I was UTG + 1 when UTG open shoved. This was at the final table and the two biggest stacks were on my immediate left. I figured that this guy wouldn't be fooling around in this spot...so I folded. Turned out he had AK when the BB called him with J9o.

That was one handicap for me when the final table was reached. The top two stacks were on my immediate left...so I couldn't really try to steal when it got to the push/fold phase. Fortunately, I got the cards I needed at the right times.

Anyway, I got to the top 5 and got my Step 3 ticket! Don't know when I'll play next but stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home