Monday, March 22, 2010

It's official....

...I'm on a heater.

With Rush Poker, there seems to be two trains of thought: play nitty, or play looser than normal.

I've been trying to find the holes in my game and came across a big one...my lack of turn aggression. Basically, if I raised preflop and was called, I would usually do a C-Bet on the flop. If called, I would check on the turn and give the pot up. After reviewing something in Sklansky's book, I thought I should try just betting again on the turn and see what happens. This seems to be successful as people stop chasing their draws and give up on the pot instead.

I then decided to take it one step further. Play position more. Seems like an elementary concept for no-limit. However, now my position is more important than my cards. If, for example, it is limped to me in MP, then I'm liable to raise with any two cards that are somehow connected. I've been concentrating less on my cards and more on what my opponents could have and what their checks/bets mean.

Result? My results have skyrocketed.

That's not to say that I'm not getting lucky on occasion. I have had KK run into AA...and have a K appear on the flop...so there has been some of that. I've also been sucked out on...nothing you can do about that if you got your money in good. I've also had some big pots where people seemed to have lost their minds.

Needless to say I'm enjoying this while it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home