Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I cashed in a SCOOP event....

....but it was the wrong one.

I finished up Event #8 - Low around 2800th out of 18000. I really went dead in the last few levels and basically was forced to fold into the money. After the bubble burst, I just went in with two high cards since it would be another 300 places until the next money level. Got called and lost. I managed to turn $2 into an $10 profit so I guess I can't complain too much.

As for Event #8 - Medium, things could have gone better. I made it through about 75% of the field so I think that was pretty good considering that was my first higher buy-in tournament like that. However, I made quite a few mistakes and played 'scared' towards the end. However, it was a freeroll for me and a great learning experience. Ran into card-dead issues towards the end as well. I was getting short and we were still about 400 spots from the money. Took a stand with QJs, got called by 10-10 and didn't improve.

Would I play more SCOOP events? I wouldn't mind trying another medium buy-in event so I might try to satellite into one. I wouldn't play the low events exclusively since the fields can be quite large. The only exception would be the main event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home