Friday, January 11, 2008

Good Session....plus some thoughts.

I had a good 1 hour session last night more than doubling up my original buy-in. A lot of draws (of which I was priced in to pursue) were coming in and I was getting paid off when I hit them. Can't complain about that.

There has been a bit of discussion on 2+2 regarding the recent PokerRoad radio show with regards to Sebok and Issac Haxton's "discussion" regarding two hands that they played against each other. This seems to be a classic example of how the "internet" players think about the game differently than the "live" players. Go to www.pokerroad.com to hear it.

Personally, I can understand both sides of the debate. However, I seem to be siding more with the "live" side of the debate. While the play, based on the situation as I understand it, is +EV....I'm not sure if it maximizes the player's EV playing it in that fashion. It suggests that, possibly, the stereotypical "internet" player will push any +EV edge while the stereotypical "live" player may be willing to give up small +EV plays for a potentially more lucrative opportunity later. I don't know if I would risk the vast majority of my stack for a smaller pot instead of trying to get someone's entire stack. The whole "internet" thought process makes me think "this play is designed for those afraid to play post-flop". Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that.

No limit is not my strongest game so I could be talking out of my ass. That is why, in accordance with my New Year's resolutions, I decided to order some books to help me out with getting my "no-limit" feet wet. What did I order?

"No Limit Hold'em Theory and Practice" by Sklansky et al.
"Professional No Limit Hold'em Vol. 1" by Mehta et al.
Colin Moshman's book on SNG's

As I read them, I'll post my thoughts on the different subjects plus my opinions on the books in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home