Monday, January 07, 2008

Hello to 2008!

Hey.

Geez, I haven't written. December was, as we say, a poor month. Based on my records for 2007, I had a 16% increase in my bankroll since I started recording results in February. It was actually a bit more than that with my 2nd place finish in an MTT but I have to go with what is recorded.

In a nutshell, my SNG game completely tanked in the second part of the year with very few money finishes. I may have to give those up completely which is a shame since I did very well with those earlier. Fortunately my cash game play helped offset those issues.

So, I should set some goals for 2008. It is interesting that I've been in action since December 2005. I can thank proper bankroll management for that. So what goals do I have?

1. Try to break the $200 dollar barrier for a bankroll. I certainly think this is doable.
2. Improve my limit cash game skills. This seems to be my bread and butter for the time being. I'm hoping this will continue to improve.
3. Not to be afraid to take some shots at higher games. I believe this is important to do. My bankroll could handle the occasional shot at a higher limit...who knows?
4. Play more tournaments (besides freerolls). I think what I will do to accomplish this is to use my cash game results. If I get over the expected 1-2 BB per hour, I'll take a portion of the extra profit every three months and use it towards a tournament bankroll as a reward for myself.
5. Learn to play no-limit cash games. I'll have to do some reading and such on this.

That's about it for now. I hope everyone has a good (and profitable) 2008).

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home