Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sometimes tourneys are too long...but now I got money on Pokerstars.

Hey all.

As I mentioned, I haven't played a lot of poker this month. Played in a few SNG's with pretty bad results (one 3rd place in 7 games...but two fourth places and two fifths).

Pokerstars has been running a series of tourneys for their Grey Cup promotion (think Super Bowl for Canadian football). Anyway, I decided to take a shot in one of their Step 1 tourneys for this event. A freeroll with 7500 people....

....I finished 37th.

I can honestly say that I thought I played well. Just played tight and pounded with my good cards (and some well-timed bluffs as well). At one point, I was leading the tourney with about 100 people to go. However, some bad hands later, I was done.

My last hand was interesting. I was about 6th and had the chip leader at my table with about 1.2M in chips. I had about 350,000. I had pocket 7's in mid position. When it was said and done, the money was all in against the chip leader and a smaller stack. I really didn't need to get this involved here but 6th through 45th place was paying the same prize money so I wanted to move up. The chip leader had A-J and the other guy had A-9. However, a Jack came on the turn and river and I was done.

Now I got a whole $5.00 on Pokerstars and a tourney ticket for a step 2 tourney this Sunday...woohoo!

Should be interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home