Friday, December 07, 2007

Chip Reese

I was originally going to do a post of my break-even month for November and my bad run so far this month....but I want to talk about someone else.

I never met him but always admired him as a player. Most poker fans, up until he won the 50K HORSE, probably never heard of him as he wasn't one for the spotlight. However, I was aware of Chip Reese and the type of person he was.

He played (and dominated) the biggest poker games for over 20 years...no small feat. According to the stories and stuff that I've read and heard, he was the nicest guy you could meet.

He was the benchmark in terms of a player that I aspired to. A guy who didn't tilt or lose his cool at the table. He'll be missed.

I think this video (courtesy of CardPlayer) sums it up. Rest in peace Chip.

Chip Reese Tribute

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home