Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pokerstars WBCOOP

So what would I do with a $5000 first place prize? That’s a good question. I think the first thing that I would do is increase my PokerStars bankroll. I’ve been playing at some higher limits (10c/20c limit hold’em). If I had an additional $5000 dollars in my bankroll, I would be moving out of the micro-stakes…that’s for damn sure.

I would like to be able to have the bankroll to play (or at least satellite into) the bigger Sunday tournaments. With my current bankroll, even playing in the Sunday Storm would be a stretch. As readers of this blog know, I have started with zero money. After winning some money on a smaller online poker site, I moved some of the money onto PokerStars and started grinding. At times, things have run well…and at other times things have been frustrating as I have started re-learning my game from scratch.

PokerStars is pretty cool with the promotions that they run…and with a few surprises. One time, to help promote the SCOOP events a couple of years ago, I was sent an email from PokerStars offering a contest to do some blogs that either featured a keyword or to do something “unique” to claim a larger prize. So I did some silly poems putting names of PokerStars pros in them. Surprisingly, because of my “poetry”, I won one of five tickets to a $109 dollar event. That was really cool. Of course, my results in that tournament left a lot to be desired. When you, as a micro-stakes player, sit at a table and see nothing but gold stars, platinum stars, and a supernova sitting at the table…you know you are in for an “education”. I was surprised to last about a 1/3 of the way through the field….even outlasting several pros including Vanessa Rousso and Victor Ramdin. On a side note, I decided to try to satellite into the low buy-in event. I won my seat (yes!) and even cashed in the event making 4x my initial investment.

Let’s be honest, every player has the dream of hitting a big score. Chris Moneymaker did it with a small online investment and launched the initial poker boom in 2003. Someday, I might be fortunate enough to do that. However, until that time happens, I’ll continue to develop my game on PokerStars…the best site running today. They have great promotions, great games, and their customer service is top notch. I need to continue building my bankroll and take some more shots at being able to playing better and higher. They even have an online poker school where one can learn tips and techniques from successful players…who were in my shoes once.
Okay, so what are you waiting for? Go to PokerStars and get in the game…and try to get your share of $5000. I know I will…..now where’s that money?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home